Tuesday, November 17, 2009

"Opry music on a Saturday night....

Brings a smile to your face and a tear to your eye" - George Strait, Heartland


The Ryman Auditorium


The Ryman Auditorium

James and I were in Tennessee this weekend preparing to close on our house, but since we had to come down early for a final walkthrough, we decided to go to the Grand Ole Opry while we were child-free (thanks Aunt Neci!).  We were lucky enough to see the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman Auditorium - what an amazing experience.  To experience the Opry in a place where so many country greats performed years ago was wonderful and something that I am so glad we splurged on and decided to do. 


Carrie Underwood


Carrie Underwood

We were lucky enough to get tickets for a show that was scheduled to feature Carrie Underwood and Jake Turner, however, when I checked the website for directions we found out that Martina McBride and Rodney Atkins would also be appearing that night!  How lucky were we??  Midway through the show, just after Carrie Underwood finished up, Jeanne Seely (the host for that segment) announced that a special guest just stopped in backstage and told us that we were in for a special treat!  Vince Gill stopped by and performed an impromptu song.  Wow! 



Vince Gill


Jake Owens


Martina McBride


Martina McBride


Rodney Atkins

I've been lucky enough to attend many concerts, but I honestly think that this trip to the Opry was the most special "concert" experience I've had thus far.  James laughed and said my womanly sentimental side was showing, but there was something special about seeing those performers on a stage where the greats of country music paved the road for those to come.  It was truly a special, awe inspiring experience. 

I didn't have my good camera with me, so all of the pictures I tried to take turned out pretty horrible, but even blurry they give you an idea of the intimate setting the Ryman provides for the Opry.  We were in the balcony and off to the side, but I can't imagine there is a bad seat in that auditorium.

1 comments:

Angie said...

That was a great line up of musicians! And your house looks amazing and beautiful, I am so excited for you...and a little jealous too! Congrats on your first house!!!!!!!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus