Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend retreat to Garmisch

James had a 4-day this weekend so we decided to head to Garmisch with six other couples (and 2 other babies under 15 months!) for some skiing. It's a BEAUTIFUL little town that is a very popular vacation spot for Americans because there is an Armed Forces Recreation Center Resort located there. We rented 2 German apartments and while we were rather cramped for space, we made do and had a great time!

The three couples with kids took turns on "Baby Duty" while the others went skiing. James and I took the morning shift on Saturday morning and 15 minutes after everyone left, we had all 3 babies napping (I even got a snooze) and aside from Kemper, Gavin and Blake napped for about 2 and a half hours! WOOHOO!! James and I had a pretty easy morning. That afternoon we headed up to the mountain where James attempted to teach me to ski. It was slow going, and my temper got the best of me a few times, but I eventually got the hang of it. It wasn't what I considered to be great fun, but I did enjoy myself. I took quite a few tumbles and stayed on the bunny slopes the entire time, but by day 2, I wasn't falling at all while skiing, only while trying to take the stupid rope lifts to the top of the hills.

Kemper really enjoyed being around Gavin and Blake. They played and taught each other cool new tricks. Kemper taught Gavin how to yell and Gavin and Blake taught Kemper how to WALK!!! How awesome is that! Within a day of being around the two walkers, Kemper was taking off across the room. He would much rather walk than crawl now, but crawling is still faster for him. I'll try to post some videos later of him walking.

Walking boy!

Sunrise on Saturday

Sunrise over the Alps

Beautiful!

The house we stayed in

James and I at a skiing competition

The German Alps

Kemper helping us pack to come home

The tiny room the three of us shared - I can't tell you how many times we hit our heads.

Gavin

Gavin


Kemper - trying to stay warm!

Our house

James with Kemper, Gavin and Blake on morning Baby Duty.

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus