Friday, August 1, 2008

Tickets are booked...

Well, our airline tickets are booked - Kemper and I will be heading back to Germany October 13th. My mom is flying over with us to help us get re-settled and get the house straight since it will have been sitting empty for a year. While I'm not looking forward to being back in Germany, I am very much looking forward to having James back home with us. August marks one year of him being gone. Honestly, most of the time, it feels like this deployment has flown by, but sometimes, it feels like it's dragging. Once the guys get back, I'm sure there will be lots of hoopla and other Army red tape that has to be taken care of as well as a Welcome Home ceremony (which, the Army likes to call a Redeployment Ceremony - that makes me feel like they're going somewhere else, so I call it Welcome Home). We'll all be coming back to the States for Christmas (15th-30th) and I'm sure that we'll be running ourselves to death over that short period of time.

Anyhow, not much new to report on the Kemper front. He's as sweet as ever. He's so cuddly and happy (most of the time) and has really perfected rolling from back to belly but has absolutely no interest in trying to get himself back to his back once on his belly. No, he'd much rather scrub his face in the floor, grunt, suck his hands then fuss until you turn him back over. :) We had to go to the pediatrician for an awful rash on his knee (eczema - he should outgrow this by school age) and while we were waiting, I thought, "What the heck, lets try tummy time" and he was loving it. As soon as the doctor walks in, he picks his head up high and gives her a huge smile. Of course, she mistook him for a baby that enjoys tummy time...I call him a showoff and a flirt. :)

Not many new pics...enjoy!


Hey, this pool stuff isn't too bad....


Thanks Beth for my new hat! :)

Precious

Sleepy

Chubby cheeks

0 comments:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus